Friday, October 2, 2009

Are you kidding me???


Great news on the home front...we finally got a rug for Maddie's room! I have searched high and low to find the right rug for Mad's room - nothing too modern - of course, since the home is 1790..nothing too cheesy, stuffy, teenagery (I know- not a word!) I wanted something to reflect the vintage, shabby chic feel of her space. So I finally find an adorable, braided chenille rug - cute colors pink, cream, and a touch of soft green that match her room perfectly. My mom and I load the rug - call my Dad on the way home and have him meet us at home for the unveil and roll out.

My mom and I load it in - the kids are excited...Maddie is on her window seat singing "Happy, Happy!" to anyone listening. The rug is rolled out and I am sitting on it when I see bright PURPLE florescent dots!!! Not since George was killed off of Grey's Anatomy have I shrieked so loud - "GLOW STICK!!!!!" Maddie starts crying as her glow stick is leaking all over the new rug - I start crying because - well just because - and my Dad tells me these things happen! Funny, I did not think he used to think these things just happen when I was a kid...

As quickly as the tears fell, the florescent faded. The rug has settled in beautifully and glow sticks are officially banned from our home. Michael has a new rug, too - and a lot less drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment