Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Kitchen


Let me be clear - I do not want my husband to be out of work - there are too many bills and obligations that need to be taken of to be out of work. And selfishly, I do not want to use my emergency fund - even though this is the exact point of an emergency fund.

Despite my fears and complaints, there is a plus side. Maybe even more than one plus side. The energy has shifted. It needed to shift - and it has. It is always amazing to me how things can change so quickly. One minute we were burdened with stress over a toxic situation and the next it is like it never happened. We woke up. The bad dream is over.

So now - we have the kitchen...or are on our way to having the kitchen. Michael is slowing building the kitchen. If I say so myself, it is going to be great. The pieces are coming together. My cousin Michelle stopped by a week or so ago when she was in town. She has been a real source of inspiration in our renovations. Her interior design skill and passion have given us many great ideas. I always look forward to her walk through - they keep me inspired. This time was especially inspiring as her and Glenn (her husband) really talked through thoughts for the kitchen space. Placement that Michael and I could not nail down was given fresh eyes and Michael and I were ultimately able to decide on some key layout pieces. Seems so simple - like it was always meant to be that way. Kinda of like our lives without Michael's job. We were always supposed to feel this free.

No comments:

Post a Comment