Sunday, May 16, 2010

Snack Closet


Maybe our home has been under renovation so long that the not-so-normal is oh-so normal. Michael caught this moment when Michael and Maddie were out on the deck having a popsicle. It is not every house that staging is a place to hang out!

And speaking of moments, I have mentioned that we have had a kitchenette in part of our home while the main kitchen is under construction. Our kitchenette is a small room with our washer and dryer, refrigerator, double sink, cabinets, counters, microwave and a variety of important appliances - a foreman grill, skillet, griddle, and toaster oven.  The appliances that Amercian's can't live without.  I often think, while I am doing the dishes by hand, that this would be a luxury-size space if I had an apartment in NYC.  That is the dream - and I am sticking to it!

So Michael's friend comes over to play last week. It is a rainy day and the two boys are having a mad Mario wii tournament.  They are munching on bag snacks - the ultimate kiddy treat! His adorable friends says to me..."Can I have another bag of Doritos from the snack closet?" I burst out laughing! Seriously, a snack closet! How funny to think that this little guy will go home and say - you will not believe they have a snack closet! All this time I have been thinking this kitchenette would be a hit in NYC - and it took a 9 year old to bring me to reality - I have been feeding my family out of a closet!

Thank god the real kitchen in going to be bigger than the closet! Worth the wait.....

No comments:

Post a Comment