Friday, August 28, 2009

Head-on

So today is IV day - I have MS and every 4 weeks I get an IV - as I say to keep me charging. It is always a scramble the morning of the IV as I gather all of the stuff I want to do when I am hooked up for a few hours. Typically, I have one day on infusion, but in the event of problems with my MS I have a several day course of infusion. I have to say this is now very normal for me...scary normal. I never thought it would be so normal, but I guess that is a good thing. I have had MS for a very long time - I was diagnosed in December of 1997 but I know in hindsight I have HAD multiple sclerosis for much longer.....

I think I take people by surprise when I am so casual about the IV - "oh, can't I have my IV today" or "kids, my nurse will be here soon - I have my IV" That is my way of dealing - I think my openness has been my healing - and my way to cope. My way of sharing my journey with others so maybe, just maybe, it won't be so scary and uncertain. Let's face it none of us know what the future holds anyway....might as well face it head-on.

Off for now, got to gather the magazines I am going to rock out with this afternoon -Oh, and speaking of rocking...got to see the unbelievable Melissa Etheridge last night - Live and Alone....talk about taking it head-on - now there's an inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment