Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hello, Old Friends!


On Friday, we unloaded our final storage unit - final, you say?? During this process we have had three storage units holding all of our stuff from our old home...and now we are done! No more monthly rent to storage - Ya-Hoo!!! (Nothing against storage - they have been great babysitters for the past 2+ years!!)

Anyway, the roof has been completed on our addition/workshop so we can confidently store boxes without fear of water damage. Michael, my dad, and Michael Jr. loaded a large Uhaul truck and brought it home. It was the craziest feeling when I first saw it opened - It is not that I am attached to things, I really am not....but I feel very connected to certain things...it is like the comfort of having a cup of tea with a dear old friend. I was thrilled to see my favorite books, furniture, and my cherished scrapbook supplies - my wheels are already spinning with some great projects to make once the kiddos start back to school. So much stuff! The great thing - at least, that is how I have to look at it - is I will be unpacking and saying "hello" to my old friends for quite some time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment