Sunday, August 23, 2009

You Have A Book??!!


It has been a HOT summer here over the past week - the mercury has finally risen and the doom and gloom of the earlier cold and rainy summer months has long been forgotten. Extreme heat and me don't mix....I have MS and often have rather annoying heat intolerance. Our AC is cranking and I really just want to veg out and stay cool - which of course, never happens! There is way too much to do with two busy kids and a house under major renovation.

Yesterday my little bambinos were raising the roof around here and getting on each other like I am told siblings do. The only child in me cannot even relate to the constant scrappyness (is that a word?) that they were doing to each other. I finally had enough and told each they needed a break - a time out in so many words. My son listened intently and took the break without much fanfare...my daughter, on the other hand, tends to not take breaks. As I sat her down and told her that her actions were not acceptable and not respectable...I think I said -"that behavior is not ok - not in my book" She looked up at me and I think in all seriousness said "You have a book???" And there goes the punishment - hard to stick to a break when you burst out laughing! Maybe I should have a book.........

No comments:

Post a Comment