Friday, August 28, 2009

Waiting Game

Ok, here's the thing - I have been waiting around for my IV today. First, I have a "new" nurse today. My regular nurse is on vacation. My new nurse showed up and began to start preparing the medicine before I get the stick (that's IV lingo for before they jab the heck out of my arm or hand looking for a vein!) Well, for the first time in over a decade the medicine depressor that mixes the med and the IV fluid (I'm sure there is a much more official term) did not work.....What???? I have had over 150 IV's and this never happened...my nurse has nursed for over 30 years and this has never happened....now I wait. Wait for the nurse to get back with new meds. Wait for my nerves to settle down. Wait to see if the "new" nurse can get veins better than she can work medicine. Time will tell......maybe I should have packed more stuff to do

No comments:

Post a Comment